Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Great news!

Hi, today is a very special day for me and I really want to share it with you, so read on...

When I woke up this morning something was different. Something I couldn't put my finger on. But in just a few seconds it hit me... OH YEAH, I GRADUATED YESTERDAY!

That's right. Three years of work finally paid off. Yesterday I successfully defended my graduation thesis. I am now an University graduate in biology.

What does this have to do with internet marketing and where's the great news for me, Blaz?
Well, although my thesis has nothing directly to do with internet marketing, I did however, during the whole process of my education, learn the value and the traits of real scientific research and analysis. And that, my friend, is worth gold in internet marketing and in marketing in general.
I learned that a single simple observation without proper analysis and taking other factors in consideration can lead to drastically wrong conclusions and can bring a company to it's knees.
When observing and analyzing something, you must always ask yourself some basic questions:
  • Do I know exactly how I'll come to my results?
  • Am I using the right method?
  • What other methods are out there?
  • What other factors do I have to consider?
  • Is my study group large enough and random?
  • What is my control group? - (you must have a group you study, where you change one variable and see how the group responds and you must have a control group where you change nothing. After the test, you can compare how that single factor influenced the outcome). For example: You want to test your headline against another. First, you'd have to create another identical web site with only one change: the headline. Then, you'd drive the same amount of similar traffic to both web sites and see the conversion rate. Your original web site is here the "control group" or better just "control".

After you have the results, you have too ask yourself the following:

  • What analysis tool will I use?
  • Is it the right one?
  • How do my results compare to other studies (if there were any)?

Only after you've verified all this, you can go and draw conclusions.

OK, now for the great news for YOU... Today, it being a very special day to me, I've decided to give out some incredible ebooks on internet marketing I have resell rights to. I didn't assemble them yet, but come back in a few days and they'll be here for you.

Bookmark this site (put under "favorites") and come back soon.

There will be no "opting in", just right click and "save target as". It will be worth it. See you soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home